15 February 2009

Plater Drive, Oxford (UK)

I have come across a Plater Drive in Oxford, UK. From the pictures, this looks like a very nice neighbourhood! I received a note from someone who lives in the area and have learned that the estate is roughly 10 years old (c1999). There are a number of streets in the area named after local Colleges, so it seems likely that Plater Drive was named after Plater College (more later).



Here is a link to Plater Drive from Google Maps. Be sure to check out the satelite photo of the street and the surrounding area.
Plater Drive, Oxford OX2 6, GB
Google Maps also has a "Street View" set up for this neighbourhood. Street View gives you a series of 360 degree photos at street level that can simulate a drive down the streets. You have to check it out!


As it is the purpose of this Blog, I am hoping to hear from anybody who knows about this street. Does anyone have any pictures that they could share? Does anyone know it's history: Where did Plater Drive get its name? Drop me a line!

2 comments:

  1. I came back to look at your pictures and your blog. I have been to Toronto, Canada many, many times, but I never did come across the area that you are talking about. Wish I had. Perhaps some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! It is fairly easy for me to find information about places in the Toronto area related to my surname as I live here. It is more of a challenge just finding these type of places outside of Canada. So I am hoping that I will have others send me ideas - I've got my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete